After the transposition of the Energy Efficiency Directive 2012/27/EU , which occurred with the Lgs. Decree 102/2014, some Italian companies, especially Energy intensive Enterprises, must undergo energy audits at least every 4 years, for all its production sites.The purpose of an energy audit is to make an accurate recognition of the customer consumption structure for each energy source, to define a consumption model, exploring the means for energy use in relation to the specific needs of production and management processes business.
The energy audit has as final objective the identification of interventions involving the use of efficient technologies from energy point of view, and which have a sense from the economic point of view too. The final output of an energy audit is represented by a series of recommendations for actions to be carried out, according to a priority list recommended and each bearing an assessment of the investment costs, the benefits achieved in terms of energy savings and the payback period .
The energy audit, if well managed , can be a key step , and it is therefore important that it is performed by qualified and competent auditors. To fulfilling the obligation referred to . art . 8 of the Lgs. Decree Decree 102/2014, the auditing activities must comply with with minimum requirements set up by Annex 2 to the Legislative Decree 102/2014 according to standard UNI CEI / TR 11428 and UNI CEI 16247.
- Develop an energy audit in your production sites , also to satisfy the requirement under Article 8 of the Law Decree 102/2014
- Make a detailed analysis of your energy consumption for each energy sources used ( electricity , natural gas , etc.)
- Define an analytical model of consumption of your organization
- Define a baseline reference consumption , to refer any possible modification in the performance consumption
- Provide a number or possible savings opportunities
- For each of these opportunities estimate the investment cost , the energy savings , an estimate of such incentives may be obtained and finally an indication of the time return of the investment
- Provide advice and guidance for the implementation of an Energy Management System compling to the requirements of UNI ISO 50001